Inventing an IoT Sensor that is repeatedly and cost-effectively analysing multiple biological and chemical targets in wastewater to support personal, population, and environmental health, as well as our national security
Introducing Bio Data Networks
Founded during the Covid-19 pandemic, Bio Data Networks (BDN) is leading a breakthrough in wastewater monitoring. Through the creation of an IoT device, called WIDO (Waste In Data Out), BDN will deliver a product to repeatedly and cost effectively monitor multiple biological and chemical targets in wastewater.
The introduction of WIDO to the market will lead to significantly improved understanding and management of public and personal health, environmental health, and our national security.
WIDO enables the continual monitoring in wastewater of microbial viruses, bacteria, and fungal. It also monitors biomarkers of health, licit and illicit drugs, as well as pollution.
The WIDO IoT sensors are designed to be installed across the wastewater network from treatment plants to strategic sentinel locations within the downstream network, and onwards to near source locations outside and inside properties. The data captured by the WIDO sensors is available in near real-time, constantly.
WIDO has huge impact compared to the current process of monitoring wastewater
Decrease in monitoring costs of
care home residents
Increase in the amount of health data
available to HMPPS leaders
The Leadership Team
Chief Executive Officer
- Tech company founder and builder with extensive background in Software, SaaS, & IoT
- Consultant – IoT/Insurtech, Aviva
- CEO OmPrompt (SaaS/IoT) – now Elemica
- CRO Confirmit (SaaS) – now Forsta
- VP Northern Europe, Symantec – now Broadcom
- Management Scientist
Chief Product Officer
- Pioneered the use of advanced digital control techniques in the Oil and Gas industries
- KBC advanced technologies – Founder
- PACS – Founder/chairman
- Exxon – head of EMEA control
- Foxborough Controls – now Schneider
- Chemical Engineer
- Principal Scientist UK Centre for Ecology & Hydrology
- Chairman, ACE Expert Advisory Group for Wastewater Surveillance
- Soil and Water Microbiology and Pollution Scientist
- Expert Advisor, Path-Safe
WIDO is being delivered in conjunction with leading Academics and other expert Collaboration Partners who are world leaders in their field. WIDO represents a major scientific and engineering breakthrough that will have enormous global impact for personal and population health, environmental health, and our National Security.
A capital efficient and data rich business, delivered in conjunction with leading global manufacturing partners, will ensue once WIDO is market ready.
Get in touch today
To find out more about Bio Data Networks, get in touch with the team today.